asp.net validator controls in an IFRAME - PLEASE HELP!

BillGatesFan

I have asp.net validator controls on a page in an IFRAME. How can I
keep the page from submitting if the page in the iframe has validation
errors. I can call a function in the child page from the parent page
but I have no clue what to do.

S.M. Altaf [MVP]

This may be a crude workaround.
Create a hidden field in your IFRAME's page. Use a custom validator in your IFRAME page so that if the controls don't validate, you set a certain value, say, "false" in the hidden field. When submitting the parent page, perform a check for the value in the IFRAME's hidden field and accordingly submit, or don't submit.

Confused yet?

www.mendhak.com

I have asp.net validator controls on a page in an IFRAME. How can I
keep the page from submitting if the page in the iframe has validation
errors. I can call a function in the child page from the parent page
but I have no clue what to do.

BillGatesFan

How can I check if the controls don't validate in the IFRAME page? I'm
using regular expression validators on the page in the iframe.