asp.net+vb.net+datagrid control

TC

I am building an asp.net/vb.net page.I have a simple datagrid that reads
from a small database and the user can change values in some of the columns.
The code is pretty much out of the Visual Studio .Net Help system.

The guts of it work great. The problem with it is that when I go into Edit
mode the input columns, all textboxes, get way too large forcing the user to
scroll back and forth.

How do I restrict the size of the TextBox? I have tried adjusting when the
Edit event is raised but it is not working.