ASP.NET version - 2 different responses

Kevin C

I am load balancing between 2 servers. Both servers report as running 1.1
of the framework but I am getting 2 different responses from each server:
Note the difference in the javascript postback function. What type of
setting would affect this? I have deployed the exact same codebase.

Response 1
<script language="javascript">
<!--
function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument) {
var theform;
if (window.navigator.appName.toLowerCase().indexOf("netscape") > -1) {
theform = document.forms["Form1"];
}
else {
theform = document.Form1;
}
..

}
// -->
</script>

Response 2
<!--
function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument) {
var theform;
if (window.navigator.appName.toLowerCase().indexOf("microsoft") > -1) {
theform = document.Form1;
}
else {
theform = document.forms["Form1"];
}
..

}
// -->

Marina

I would guess that the version aren't quite identical. Is it possible you
have SP1 installed on one server and not the other?

Hermit Dave

I agree with Marina that you might have a slight variation in the framework
versions. Look up the framework versions on both servers.

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave (D'way)
http://hdave.myvnc.com

(I hear what you're saying.. but lets try it my way first)

Kevin C

Yep, you guys were right. SP 1 was applied on one server and not the other
<grrrrrrr>.

Kevin C said:
I am load balancing between 2 servers. Both servers report as running 1.1
of the framework but I am getting 2 different responses from each server:
Note the difference in the javascript postback function. What type of
setting would affect this? I have deployed the exact same codebase.

Response 1
<script language="javascript">
<!--
function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument) {
var theform;
if (window.navigator.appName.toLowerCase().indexOf("netscape") > -1) {
theform = document.forms["Form1"];
}
else {
theform = document.Form1;