    to port it to 1.1. All my books are 2.0 and I'm not sure what the
    incompatibilities are.

    Any quick pointers appreciated.

    =?Utf-8?B?V2FsbHk=?=, Jan 23, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?V2FsbHk=?=

    Patrice Guest

    Not using for developement what you have in production is calling for
    problems. The compilation model changed, you have numerous additional
    controls, new language constructs etc... so IMO it will much much easier to
    just write a 1.1 application rather than writing against 2.0 and then
    "down-porting" to 1.1.

    I would treat this rather at an organisational level. In particular do you
    know why he doesn't want to install 2.0 (you can have websites running 1.1
    and others 2.0 on the same server) and when he would be ready to do so (it
    could perhaps meeet your schedule).

    --
    Patrice

    "Wally" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > Newbie here!
    >
    > Quick question to get an overview.
    >
    > I need to design my first asp.net app, sounds like customer has DNF 1.1
    > installed and doesn't want 2.0 on machine yet.
    >
    > If I design the app in my environment to DNF 2.0/VS 2005, is it a big

    hassle

    Patrice, Jan 23, 2006