    Is an ASP.NET page is compatible for a MAC user? I need to do a web
    application for a client and I wonder if i must turn on ASP or ASP.NET.
    thx!

    +The_Taco+, Nov 17, 2003

  2. +The_Taco+

    Chris Bower Guest

    ASP.NET has browser detection built-in (although its not terribly great).
    You shouldn't have too many problems with the way things render in a MAC
    browser.

    Chris Bower, Nov 17, 2003

  3. +The_Taco+

    +The_Taco+ Guest

    Ok well the thing is maybe someday, the application will be stored on a mac
    (the MAC will act like a server), with all the the .aspx, .vb files on
    it.Would'nt that be a problem?

    de news:...

    +The_Taco+, Nov 17, 2003
  4. +The_Taco+

    Chris Bower Guest

    Oh, yes, in that case ASP.NET yes, it would be a problem. ASP.NET must run
    on a windows based server running IIS (unless Mono becomes an option in the
    future).

    Chris Bower, Nov 17, 2003
  5. +The_Taco+

    +The_Taco+ Guest

    Thx for the info!

    "Chris Bower" <> a écrit dans le message
    de news:...
    > Oh, yes, in that case ASP.NET yes, it would be a problem. ASP.NET must run
    > on a windows based server running IIS (unless Mono becomes an option in

    the
    > future).
    >
    > "+The_Taco+" <> wrote in message
    > > Ok well the thing is maybe someday, the application will be stored on a

    > mac
    > > (the MAC will act like a server), with all the the .aspx, .vb files on
    > > it.Would'nt that be a problem?

    message

    +The_Taco+, Nov 17, 2003
  6. Since you have already received an answer, you may not be coming back to
    look at this. But, I will write anyway.

    As far as web apps running on a MAC, you should not have any major problems.
    Developing on the MAC is a different creature. There is good and bad news
    here:

    Good news: There is a MAC OS X v 10.2 implementation of the .NET Shared
    Source CLI
    (Common Language Infrastructure), codenamed rotor:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FA-7462-47D0-8E56-8DD34C6292F0&displaylang=en

    You can deploy .NET apps on a MAC using this. It is not well known, so most
    would not point you here.

    Bad news: You have to compile rotor for your OS.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Nov 17, 2003
  7. +The_Taco+

    +The_Taco+ Guest

    Alright, thx for the info and link :)

    "Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" <> a écrit
    dans le message de news:...

    +The_Taco+, Nov 17, 2003
  8. +The_Taco+

    bruce barker Guest

    the other bad news is you cannot use for any commercial use. its use is
    limited to teaching enviroments.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    message news:...

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3A1C93FA-7462-47D0-

    bruce barker, Nov 17, 2003
  9. +The_Taco+

    +The_Taco+ Guest

    You mean a can't develop in ASP.NET for a client?

    +The_Taco+, Nov 18, 2003