ASP.NET vs MAC

+The_Taco+

Is an ASP.NET page is compatible for a MAC user? I need to do a web
application for a client and I wonder if i must turn on ASP or ASP.NET.
thx!

Chris Bower

ASP.NET has browser detection built-in (although its not terribly great).
You shouldn't have too many problems with the way things render in a MAC
browser.

+The_Taco+

Ok well the thing is maybe someday, the application will be stored on a mac
(the MAC will act like a server), with all the the .aspx, .vb files on
it.Would'nt that be a problem?

Chris Bower

Oh, yes, in that case ASP.NET yes, it would be a problem. ASP.NET must run
on a windows based server running IIS (unless Mono becomes an option in the
future).

+The_Taco+

Thx for the info!

Chris Bower said:
Oh, yes, in that case ASP.NET yes, it would be a problem. ASP.NET must run
on a windows based server running IIS (unless Mono becomes an option in the
future).

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Since you have already received an answer, you may not be coming back to
look at this. But, I will write anyway.

As far as web apps running on a MAC, you should not have any major problems.
Developing on the MAC is a different creature. There is good and bad news
here:

Good There is a MAC OS X v 10.2 implementation of the .NET Shared
Source CLI
(Common Language Infrastructure), codenamed rotor:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FA-7462-47D0-8E56-8DD34C6292F0&displaylang=en

You can deploy .NET apps on a MAC using this. It is not well known, so most
would not point you here.

Bad You have to compile rotor for your OS.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

+The_Taco+

Alright, thx for the info and link :)

Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) said:
Since you have already received an answer, you may not be coming back to
look at this. But, I will write anyway.

As far as web apps running on a MAC, you should not have any major problems.
Developing on the MAC is a different creature. There is good and bad news
here:

Good There is a MAC OS X v 10.2 implementation of the .NET Shared
Source CLI
(Common Language Infrastructure), codenamed rotor:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FA-7462-47D0-8E56-8DD34C6292F0&displaylang=en

You can deploy .NET apps on a MAC using this. It is not well known, so most
would not point you here.

Bad You have to compile rotor for your OS.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

bruce barker

the other bad news is you cannot use for any commercial use. its use is
limited to teaching enviroments.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)