ASP.NET / VS.NET 2003 won't work with ZoneAlarm firewall?

Lauchlan M

All of a sudden, with ASP.NET 1.1 one happily installed and working, VS.NET
tells me "Visual studio.net has detected that the specified web server is
not running asp.net version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET web
applications or services." It won't let me load/run my project.

When I turn off ZoneAlarm, it works, when I turn on ZoneAlarm again, it
doesn't, giving me the above error message.

I added 127.0.0.1 and the network address of my PC to the ZoneAlarm trusted
zone.

But it's wierder than that because if I go to http://localhost/ now with
ZoneAlarm running, it returns a page not found error. It previously used to
work.

Anyyone else have any problems? What's the solution?

Thanks!

Lauchlan M

Paul Simpson

Hi

Have you recently updated zone alarm to version 5? There are quite a few
entries in the user forums concerning this. It seems ZoneLabs have decided
that ZA is a client application so automatically blocks server-type roles.

example:
http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=access&message.id=9440

The only solution (and it has worked for me), it seems is roll back to
version 4.5.xxx.xxx

To ensure v5.0 is removed completely, follow these instructions:
http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=inst&message.id=11594

HTH

Lau Lei Cheong

Hello,

I can tell you that you'll have problem when turning on the local
machine's ICF then try to debug on a remote server too.

Regards,
Lau Lei Cheong

Lau Lei Cheong

Thanks for the information. :)

These settings are, however, not applicable to ICF in WinXP SP1. Seems need
to wait for more time or use a 3rd party firewall.