ASP.NET / VS.NET 2003 won't work with ZoneAlarm firewall?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lauchlan M, Jun 18, 2004.

  1. Lauchlan M

    Lauchlan M Guest

    All of a sudden, with ASP.NET 1.1 one happily installed and working, VS.NET
    tells me "Visual studio.net has detected that the specified web server is
    not running asp.net version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET web
    applications or services." It won't let me load/run my project.

    When I turn off ZoneAlarm, it works, when I turn on ZoneAlarm again, it
    doesn't, giving me the above error message.

    I added 127.0.0.1 and the network address of my PC to the ZoneAlarm trusted
    zone.

    But it's wierder than that because if I go to http://localhost/ now with
    ZoneAlarm running, it returns a page not found error. It previously used to
    work.

    Anyyone else have any problems? What's the solution?

    Thanks!

    Lauchlan M
    Lauchlan M, Jun 18, 2004

  2. Lauchlan M

    Paul Simpson Guest

    Hi

    Have you recently updated zone alarm to version 5? There are quite a few
    entries in the user forums concerning this. It seems ZoneLabs have decided
    that ZA is a client application so automatically blocks server-type roles.

    example:
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=access&message.id=9440

    The only solution (and it has worked for me), it seems is roll back to
    version 4.5.xxx.xxx

    To ensure v5.0 is removed completely, follow these instructions:
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=inst&message.id=11594

    HTH

    --
    Paul Simpson
    (change zeros to letter o to mail me directly)

    Paul Simpson, Jun 18, 2004

  3. Hello,

    I can tell you that you'll have problem when turning on the local
    machine's ICF then try to debug on a remote server too.

    Regards,
    Lau Lei Cheong

    "Lauchlan M" <> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news: ¤¤¼¶¼g...

    Lau Lei Cheong, Jun 19, 2004
  4. Lauchlan M

    jack Guest

    that should be a port issue... give this kb a glance.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;833977

    jack, Jun 19, 2004
  5. Thanks for the information. :)

    These settings are, however, not applicable to ICF in WinXP SP1. Seems need
    to wait for more time or use a 3rd party firewall.

    "jack" <> ¦b¶l¥ó news: ¤¤¼¶
    ¼g...

    Lau Lei Cheong, Jun 21, 2004