ASP.NET vs SharePoint

Luigi

Hi all
in my work environment talking about the fact that ASP.NET pages are
destined to die in the near future since superseded by SharePoint, allowing
you to create even complex sites with just a few clicks and with the minimum
code development.

You what do you think about?

Luigi

Guest

Hi all
in my work environment talking about the fact that ASP.NET pages are
destined to die in the near future since superseded by SharePoint, allowing
you to create even complex sites with just a few clicks and with the minimum
code development.

You what do you think about?

Luigi

It's a nonsense, because SharePoint is built on ASP.NET. In some
cases, you can replace ASP.NET development by installing SharePoint.
In all other cases you will need custom development. Moreover, in many
cases, complex sites on SharePoint require custom ASP.NET code.

Ralph

Luigi said:
Hi all
in my work environment talking about the fact that ASP.NET pages are
destined to die in the near future since superseded by SharePoint,
allowing
you to create even complex sites with just a few clicks and with the
minimum
code development.

You what do you think about?

Luigi

Totally ridiculous.
Definitely just a case of a manager that saw something shinny and got
excited.
Sharepoint is built on ASP.Net specifically webparts.
Anytime you need something that doesn't come out of the box you would have
to create it in asp.net as a user control.