    a WebBrowser control, or a native ASP.NET application. But I'm not sure the
    latter is even feasible for being deployed and run standalone on a PC -
    would it need IIS and .NET framework installed, and even more?
    JezB, Jul 19, 2006

  2. JezB

    JezB Guest

    Cassini : looks good, I hadn't heard of that, but that could be what I'm
    missing. Thanks.

    JezB, Jul 19, 2006

  3. It is pretty feasible. You will need to have .net installed on the client,

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jul 19, 2006
  4. There's a free, highly modified, version of Cassini named UltiDev.

    The author modified the Cassini source code so the web server
    runs as a service, and added a bunch of improvements.

    Get it at : http://ultidev.com/Products/Cassini/

    There's a complete deployment guide at :
    http://ultidev.com/Products/Cassini/CassiniDevGuide.htm

    UltiDev comes in both .Net Framework 1.1 and 2.0 versions,
    and is exactly what you're looking for.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 19, 2006