ASP.Net wants assemblies ADODB and STDOLE, but not in GAC?

Patrick Bates

We are trying to convert an existing VB6/ASP application to ASP.Net with VB.Net assemblies. For now, the data
access is still handled by ADODB.

When I deployed to our Windows 2000 test server, everything seemed to work fine, including the references in
web.config to assemblies for ADODB and STDOLE. But earlier when I tried to deploy to another test server
(this one Windows Server 2003 x64), the web app complained that it could not load either assembly.

Inspection of the Global Assembly Cache revealed that neither ADODB nor STDOLE are present in the GAC. What
can I do to put them there?