ASP.Net web admin error?

Derrick

I have the asp.net web admin site setup on a box as a virtual directory, on
a box that does not have vs2005.

I can get to the home page of the admin site, can edit and save app settings
on the app tab, but when I go to the security tab I get:

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Value cannot be
null. Parameter name: path

If I click the "choose data store" button, I can see my conn str pointing at
sql db for users/roles, can 'test' it and the web says connected
successfully.

This is running iis 6, I have defined the web to run in a special app pool
as a specific user, and that user has full rights to the app web.config, and
everything in the asp.net web admin web dir.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Derrick

Derrick

and, the full message might be a little more helpfull

There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an
invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can
also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the
button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data
store.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Value cannot be
null. Parameter name: path

but like I said below, if i go to the page to choose a datastore, the one
connection there is selected, and if I click 'test' it passes. ??