asp.net web app slow

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alex, Oct 15, 2003.

  1. Alex

    Alex Guest

    Hi,

    I have an intranet type site that is browsed by a handfull of people early
    in the morning on weekdays and then not browsed at all for the remaining
    part of the day.
    Now the first person to access any page on a particular day has to incur the
    overhead of waiting for the whole site to compile (I think this is why it is
    always slow first time)

    Is there any way to avoid this, maybe by caching some page indefinatly.
    (does caching a single page cause the whole site to stay in the servers
    memory and if so how..)

    it would seem to me that websites that are built in dot.net and accessed
    fairly infrequently take a long time to load the first time.

    can anybody offer me any advice to overcome this seemingly annoying problem.

    cheers

    alex

    Alex, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Alex

    Oliver Guest

    There's a article here by Paul Wilson that discusses pre-compiling:

    Pre-Compiling ASP.NET Web Pages

    http://authors.aspalliance.com/PaulWilson/Articles/?id=9

    Oliver, Oct 15, 2003