ASP.NET Web Application (Licencing and Copy Protection Methods)

Sylvia A.

Vs.Net 2005 +
IIS 6.0 +
Framework 2.0 +
Asp.Net Web Site

After Installing my peoject to my Customer's server,

How can I prevent my web application being copied by other people,

How can I prevent my webb app. being decompiled by decompilers ?

Can I use Obsufactor for my webb App. ? If I can use, it changes only DLL's
or It changes DLLs and ASPX all ?

What other methods do you prefer for this topic ?

Thanks for all

George Ter-Saakov

Q: How can I prevent my web application being copied by other people.
A: You can make application to "call' home every time application starts.
Simply hit your URL with all info like HOST, IP.

Q: How can I prevent my webb app. being decompiled by decompilers ?
A: Use obfuscator.

Q:Can I use Obsufactor for my webb App. ? If I can use, it changes only
DLL's or It changes DLLs and ASPX all ?
A: with .NET 2.0 you can precompile you application so there will be nothing
but DLLs. All aspxs will be compiled into DLLs and only stubs left (empty
aspx pages).

Q: What other methods do you prefer for this topic ?
A: I usually prefer not to bother with all this. Thos who wants to copy and
do not want to pay probably will not pay anyway. So does not really matter
if they have it or not. Those who willing to pay will pay anyway.
It's very often in the Software industry to offer something free and then
charge for customization.

George.