asp.net web referencing

asp.net NUT!!!

Hi
I've been trying to add a web refernece to a asp.net application project,
from a web service within the same solution. The site is hosted on my local
host & in a virtual directory.
when I go through the process of adding the web refernce to the application
layer I get an error message stating that my LAN services are configured for
web URL discovery. I then searched through the MSDN help to discover that
this can be configured through the tools/options/internet
properties/connections TAB/LANsettings & then entering the domain name or IP
address of the local machine & associated port number.
I then did this but it still didn't work, May I need to cionfigur something
in IIS before the project is even begun, It shouldn't be this hard to add a
webreference
Thanks
Dave

Bob Barrows [MVP]

asp.net NUT!!! said:
[...]
question to a group where those dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest