ASP.NET Web Service (non-standard SOAP)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Spikus, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. Spikus

    Spikus Guest

    Hi,

    I'm working with a SOAP client which uses non-standard headers and a
    non-standard doc...

    It uses the "SOAPAction" header to supply an authentication key (I've
    got around the problem of IIS rejecting this)

    The document seems reasonably valid but, I think the "." is confusing
    IIS

    Here's an example of an incoming SOAP request (the format cannot be
    changed):

    ==== HEADERS ====
    POST / HTTP/1.0
    Host: #.#.#.#:#
    SOAPAction: "authcode-1234567890"

    ==== DOCUMENT ====
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
    xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
    <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <MailServer.CheckSpool>
    <v1 xsi:type="xsd:string">mail.theserver.com</v1>
    <v2 xsi:type="xsd:string">testuser</v2>
    <v3 xsi:type="xsd:string">testpass</v3>
    <v5 xsi:type="xsd:int">0</v5>
    </MailServer.CheckSpool>
    </SOAP-ENV:Body>
    </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

    Here's my code:

    <%@ WebService Language="C#" Class="testbed" %>

    using System;
    using System.Web.Services;
    using System.Web.Services.Protocols;
    using System.Web.Services.Description;
    using System.Xml.Serialization;

    [SoapDocumentService(RoutingStyle=SoapServiceRoutingStyle.RequestElement)]

    [WebService(Namespace="urn:")]
    public class testbed
    {
    [WebMethod]
    [SoapDocumentMethod(RequestElementName="MailServer.CheckSpool")]

    public int CheckSpool(string Server, string Username, string
    Password)
    {
    return 1;

    And here's the SOAP.Fault returned:

    <Fault soap:Client: The request element <MailServer.CheckSpool
    xmlns=''> was not recognized.>

    Any ideas on how to resolve this would be appreciated...

    Thanks

    ~ Spikus
    Spikus, Feb 19, 2004