    extention has to be .asmx . I am confused . Please tell me if there is
    a way to use web service in aspx page .

    thanks

    . ., Sep 4, 2005

  2. Hi,

    First of all, your question need further clarification.

    Basically web services as its name express its a service, using Microsoft
    ..Net you can develop web service application, which contain web service
    files, with asmx extention, and in those files we define a web method, which
    can be called by any other application.

    Like the way, your asp.net application with an aspx page can make a call to
    web service asmx page and can consume it functionalities. So your asp.net
    aspx application is a consumer, it can consume those public web methods which
    define in web services.

    --
    Wajahat Abbas

    http://wajahatabbas.blogspot.com
    http://www.dotnetpakistan.com

    Wajahat Abbas, Sep 5, 2005

  3. How about you take a look at an example, here:

    http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/writingservices.aspx

    -Altaf
    [MVP - VB]

    www.mendhak.com