asp.net web services deployment problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Linda Chen, Jul 17, 2007.

  1. Linda Chen

    Linda Chen Guest

    This is the first project I worked in Visual Studio .NET 2005.

    I created a webservices by asp.net 2.0. The webservice works correctly in my
    development environment. When I published the webservice to the default
    website, even to the same machine (my default website already has a
    webservices but written in asp.net 1.1), I got the following error messages
    if I opened it from brower:

    "File or assembly name ESRI.ArcGIS.Catalog, or one of its dependencies, was
    not found."

    ESRI.ArcGIS.Catalog is an assembly added to web.config file automatically by
    visual studio.

    This does not make sense to me. Since I have no problem to call the
    webservice from visual studio(testing project is in the same solution with
    webservice project, the web URL is like
    http://localhost:1267/MyService/MyService.asmx), and I am sure I have install
    all libraries I need.

    When I check the Assembly Load Trace, I found a long log:

    Log: Publisher policy file is not found.
    LOG: No redirect Found in host configuration file from
    (c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet.config)
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from "...\v1.1.4322\machine.config"

    my webservices is written in asp.net2.0, why it tried to get the
    configuration from asp.net 1.1?

    How do I fix this? Again, My server machine needs to support both asp.net
    1.1 and asp.net 2.0 webservices.

    Thanks a lot.

    Linda
    Linda Chen, Jul 17, 2007