ASP.net web site authentication

Gareth

I have an ASP.net web site that accesses a COM object remotely, but I have
to use the 'basic authentication' and not 'Integrated Windows authentication',
else I get an access denied error.

The web.config has

<authentication mode="Windows" />

<identity impersonate="true"/>

This is the code I use for creating the COM object

Type t = Type.GetTypeFromProgID("Service.myPorgID.1", "RemoteServer", true);

if ( t != null )

{

iCs = (myPorgID) Activator.CreateInstance(t);

}

else

{

iCs = null;

}

I like this work in both ways 'basic authentication' and 'Integrated Windows
authentication'.

I am using IIS5, the remote service is a 'XP SP2' and the web site is on a
windows 2000 server, all in same domain.

Thanks for the help

Gareth

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

If you want to use IWA, you will need Kerberos delegation as well. A Google
search should turn up many hits in this newsgroup and in the the MS kbase.

Joe K.

Paul Glavich [MVP ASP.NET]

Or leave it as basic, and use SSL/HTTPS to encrypt the data on the wire.