ASP.net web site authentication

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Gareth, Mar 9, 2005.

  1. Gareth

    Gareth Guest

    I have an ASP.net web site that accesses a COM object remotely, but I have
    to use the 'basic authentication' and not 'Integrated Windows authentication',
    else I get an access denied error.

    The web.config has

    <authentication mode="Windows" />

    <identity impersonate="true"/>

    This is the code I use for creating the COM object

    Type t = Type.GetTypeFromProgID("Service.myPorgID.1", "RemoteServer", true);

    if ( t != null )

    {

    iCs = (myPorgID) Activator.CreateInstance(t);

    }

    else

    {

    iCs = null;

    }

    I like this work in both ways 'basic authentication' and 'Integrated Windows
    authentication'.

    I am using IIS5, the remote service is a 'XP SP2' and the web site is on a
    windows 2000 server, all in same domain.

    Thanks for the help

    Gareth
    Gareth, Mar 9, 2005

  2. If you want to use IWA, you will need Kerberos delegation as well. A Google
    search should turn up many hits in this newsgroup and in the the MS kbase.

    Joe K.

    Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\), Mar 9, 2005

  3. Or leave it as basic, and use SSL/HTTPS to encrypt the data on the wire.

    --

    - Paul Glavich
    ASP.NET MVP

    "Joe Kaplan (MVP - ADSI)" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    Paul Glavich [MVP ASP.NET], Mar 10, 2005
  4. Gareth

    Gareth Guest

    Thanks for the help I have used the Kerberos delegation.

    Gareth.

    Gareth, Mar 10, 2005