ASP.NET Webparts application + Publish site = loose page content

ryan.mclean

Hi all, I have a strange problem and I think it may be something in my
web.config . . . but I'm not sure.

I have an application that uses webpart (not sharepoint), but the nifty
new .net webparts . . . and it works great, we are using sql server for
the personalization provider. Parts can be added and used, not obvious
error. Close the page open it back up; everything is there. When we
debug or publish the project, all of my zones are empty and the site is
back to the default setup, just like if I pulled a:

WebParts.PersonalizationAdministration.ResetAllState(WebParts.PersonalizationScope.User)

Here is my personalization node from the web.config:

<personalization defaultProvider="AspNetSqlPersonalizationProvider">
<!-- Providers may only be defined at the application level -->
<providers>
<clear/>
<remove name="AspNetSqlPersonalizationProvider"/>
<add name="AspNetSqlPersonalizationProvider"
type="System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.SqlPersonalizationProvider"
connectionStringName="SQLConnectionString"
applicationName="EBMSIntranet"/>
</providers>
<authorization>
<deny users="*" verbs="enterSharedScope"/>
<allow users="*" verbs="modifyState"/>
</authorization>
</personalization>

And the relevant connection string:

<add name="SQLConnectionString"
connectionString="Server=SERVER;Database=aspnetdb;UID=User;Pwd=super-secret-password;"/>

I hope it is something easy i need to add or remove . . . thank you for
any help you can offer.

Have a great weekend,
Ryan

ryan.mclean

Oh my gosh, i knew it would be easy . . . here is my great solution.
Simply add:

Personalization-Enabled="true" Personalization-InitialScope="User"

to the webpartmanager. Sheesh, like I said, at least it was an easy
solution.

Thanks anyway,

Ryan