ASP.NET WebService called from VB6 Client

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Graeme Anderson, Nov 2, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I have a webservice written in ASP.Net which returns to calling clients one
    or more files in zip format. The application works a treat with a .NET test
    client but my target audience is for VB6 users.

    I use Soap 3.0 and msxml 4 from vb6.

    I can trace into the webservice when running the VB6 code no problems and it
    does everything expected until the attachments are returned to the vb6
    client.

    The message is
    SoapMapper:Restoring data into SoapMapper ReturnFilesResult failed
    HRESULT= xxxnumbersxxxx The parameter is incorrect.
    - Client : Unspecified client error .....

    Here is a code snippet:
    soapTestURL.MSSoapInit2 sWSDLURL, "", "DataPump", "DataPumpSoap", ""
    Dim ReturnFilesResult As MSSOAPLib30.ReceivedAttachments30
    soapTestURL.ReturnFiles skey, "File234.zip", "FredSmith",
    ReturnFilesResult

    I have modified the wsdl file to ensure it meets the correct format.

    Any suggestions?

    regards
    Graeme

    Graeme Anderson, Nov 2, 2003