asp.net/webservice timeout

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by walter, Sep 16, 2005.

  1. walter

    walter Guest

    I'm a bit confused by all these timeout settings. Here I found

    1. IIS --configuration--option--asp script timeout
    2. SoapHttpClientProtocol.Timeout
    3. <httpruntime executionTimeout= ..>
    4. Session timeout
    5. I recall someone said aspnet_wp.exe will be recycled also after certain
    time

    For me I think : 1 is only for asp, not asp.net ; 2 is for webservice client
    side time out ;3 is for asp.net in general ;4 simply to kill the session ;5
    no idea.

    Also I'm wondering the time are refering to the absolute time or the total
    timespan that the thread is running -- I use sleep() with a big numberin the
    web service function in my test , but server didn't timeout at all, so I
    think it's the timespan .

    You though?

    walter, Sep 16, 2005