    A description of the error follows. Changing the web.config file has no effect

    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

    Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off"
    =?Utf-8?B?VGVk?=, Mar 6, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGVk?=

    Jim Nugent Guest

    I'd be tempted to FTP up a web.config file with
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>

    Then you'll see the error. Be sure to set it back to "RemoteOnly" when
    you're done.
    --
    Jim (for E-mail replace invalid with net)
    "Remember, an amateur built the Ark; professionals built the Titanic."

    "Ted" <> wrote in message
    > There is a runtime error being generated after copying an ASP.NET website

    to the server. Support is either not reachable or does not want to even
    comment on the situation, so I have to figure out what is going wrong
    without any administrative support to, for instance, check where the virtual
    directory appears as an application or not. This is all client-side
    debugging, and I do not know if debugging is enabled for the server. Forget
    about being included in a debugging group on the server. What do I do to
    diagnose the situation via FTP only? Cannot connect to the website with
    Visual Studio 2003 but FrontPage 2002 can connect.

    Jim Nugent, Apr 17, 2004