ASP.NET website not displaying

Guest

There is a runtime error being generated after copying an ASP.NET website to the server. Support is either not reachable or does not want to even comment on the situation, so I have to figure out what is going wrong without any administrative support to, for instance, check where the virtual directory appears as an application or not. This is all client-side debugging, and I do not know if debugging is enabled for the server. Forget about being included in a debugging group on the server. What do I do to diagnose the situation via FTP only? Cannot connect to the website with Visual Studio 2003 but FrontPage 2002 can connect

A description of the error follows. Changing the web.config file has no effect

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off"

Jim Nugent

I'd be tempted to FTP up a web.config file with
<customErrors mode="Off"/>

Then you'll see the error. Be sure to set it back to "RemoteOnly" when
you're done.
--
Jim (for E-mail replace invalid with net)
"Remember, an amateur built the Ark; professionals built the Titanic."