asp.net will not break on exception

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Tigger, Jun 29, 2006.

  1. Tigger

    Tigger Guest

    This is realy frustrating me.

    I've just converted one of my asp.net webservices to .net 2.0 and am
    trying to debug it.

    However, I just can't get it to break on exceptions making it very hard
    to track down the bugs.

    I have checked the My Code Only
    I attach to the aspnet_wp.exe process
    Break points ARE working
    I have checked EVERY box in the exceptions dialog

    And it will NOT break on exceptions or even catch unhandled exceptions.

    I have to track down where the exception happened and add a break point
    so I can debug it.

    The same seems to be happening for my asp.net websites as well.

    Tony

    Tigger, Jun 29, 2006

  2. Tigger

    Dale Guest

    The only thing that comes to my mind is to make sure you're running in Debug
    mode. In VS .Net 2003, you could debug in Release mode if you set Generate
    Debugging Information to true.
    --
    Dale Preston
    MCAD C#