    Jeremy Guest

    How can I programatically determine (from some common library code) whether
    the running environment is ASP.NET webforms or windows client ?
    Jeremy, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Jeremy

    Jon Paugh Guest

    By passing a parameter to your code to say which one you
    are using?

    Jon Paugh, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    Well obviusly yes, I can do, but I was hoping there would be some
    environment flag that would enable me to just detect it - better design I
    thought.

    Jeremy, Nov 20, 2003
  4. Hi Jeremy,

    Your framework (Library Code) should be designed in a way that it wouldn't
    make a difference where it's run.

    What you could do is create a class in the Environment namespace with a
    static method/member that is set at runtime by your application. But, I
    don't think that's good design either.

    Alex Papadimoulis

    Alex Papadimoulis, Nov 20, 2003