    Is it possible? Is there any article or guideline explains how have MVC
    within a folder of an existing application?

    Thank you.Max
    Max2006, Apr 1, 2009

  2. Max2006

    gerry Guest

    basically you set up an MVC app and then specify what should not be handled
    by the mvc framework when setting up the routing using IgnoreRoute

    Check out , gets into a lot more than what you asking for but does cover
    mvc/webforms integration(?) as well

    http://www.hanselman.com/blog/PlugI...sAndASPMVCAndASPNETDynamicDataSideBySide.aspx

    gerry, Apr 2, 2009

  3. Max2006

    Steven Cheng Guest

    Hi Max,

    Do you mean coexistence of ASP.NET MVC and standard webform pages?

    Based on my understanding, it is not quite recommended to make MVC
    application coexisting with standard asp.net webform(at least in the same
    web folder). This is because ASP.NET MVC has its own http module and
    pipeline for processing webrequests. And webform/aspx is handled
    differently from standard ASP.NET web application. You can create an
    ASP.NET MVC application and check the web.config to find all those MVC
    specfic httpmodule/httphandler configurations.

    If you do need to use both MVC and standard aspx webform behavior in your
    web application. Onething I can get is use MVC as the main configuration
    for the ASP.NET application. And customize the httpmodules and handlers for
    some particular sub folder so as to make aspx pages in those sub folder
    still work as standard asp.net page.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    --------------------

    Steven Cheng, Apr 2, 2009
  4. Max2006

    Steven Cheng Guest

    Hi Max,

    Do you still have any questions on this issue?

    Steven Cheng, Apr 7, 2009
  5. Max2006

    Max2006 Guest

    Hi Steven,

    Thank you for the follow-up. I received my answer. Thanks again

    Max

    Max2006, Apr 9, 2009