ASP.NET Winforms and MVC coexistence

Max2006

Hi,

We have an existing ASP.NET application and we would like to leverage MVC
within the existing app.

Is it possible? Is there any article or guideline explains how have MVC
within a folder of an existing application?

Thank you.Max

Steven Cheng

Hi Max,

Do you mean coexistence of ASP.NET MVC and standard webform pages?

Based on my understanding, it is not quite recommended to make MVC
application coexisting with standard asp.net webform(at least in the same
web folder). This is because ASP.NET MVC has its own http module and
pipeline for processing webrequests. And webform/aspx is handled
differently from standard ASP.NET web application. You can create an
ASP.NET MVC application and check the web.config to find all those MVC
specfic httpmodule/httphandler configurations.

If you do need to use both MVC and standard aspx webform behavior in your
web application. Onething I can get is use MVC as the main configuration
for the ASP.NET application. And customize the httpmodules and handlers for
some particular sub folder so as to make aspx pages in those sub folder
still work as standard asp.net page.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

(e-mail address removed).

Steven Cheng

Hi Max,

Do you still have any questions on this issue?