ASP .NET with Active Directory

Eman

Hi,

I'm new with .net technology, currently I'm developing an application
by using ASP .net, I want to link it with the Active Directory on the
Domain Controller. I know that I should add Directory Services as a
reference, but my problem is that I don't know how to start
translating the application scenario into code, first I want to do a
logon page, the application should check the user name and password
and make sure the person is manager to let him logon the application,
then it should display the employees' names that r working in the
manager department (each manager with different stuff).. can anybody
give me a hint to start writing my application ?
:roll:

waiting your reply, Thanks alot :)
Posted at: http://www.groupsrv.com

Paul Glavich [MVP ASP.NET]

Firstly, the authentication part can be done without any code by simply
using Windows Integrated authentication and the role definitions you allow
in the web.config (ie. <allow roles="somerole" />)

So thats the auth part taken care of. You can then lookup the object
attributes such as the full name by doing a simle LDAP lookup.

This link may help
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ml/vbtsksearchingactivedirectoryhierarchy.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...whatyouneedtoknowaboutactivedirectoryadsi.asp

--