ASP .NET with Active Directory

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Eman, Apr 4, 2005.

  1. Eman

    Eman Guest

    Hi,

    I'm new with .net technology, currently I'm developing an application
    by using ASP .net, I want to link it with the Active Directory on the
    Domain Controller. I know that I should add Directory Services as a
    reference, but my problem is that I don't know how to start
    translating the application scenario into code, first I want to do a
    logon page, the application should check the user name and password
    and make sure the person is manager to let him logon the application,
    then it should display the employees' names that r working in the
    manager department (each manager with different stuff).. can anybody
    give me a hint to start writing my application ?
    :roll:

    waiting your reply, Thanks alot :)
    Posted at: http://www.groupsrv.com

    http://www.usenet.com
    Eman, Apr 4, 2005

  2. Jason Bentley, Apr 4, 2005

  3. Firstly, the authentication part can be done without any code by simply
    using Windows Integrated authentication and the role definitions you allow
    in the web.config (ie. <allow roles="somerole" />)

    So thats the auth part taken care of. You can then lookup the object
    attributes such as the full name by doing a simle LDAP lookup.

    This link may help
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ml/vbtsksearchingactivedirectoryhierarchy.asp
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...whatyouneedtoknowaboutactivedirectoryadsi.asp

    --