ASP.NET with ADirectory role based authentication

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by naijacoder naijacoder, Aug 26, 2004.

  1. Hi Everyone,
    I have some Questions relating to Active Directory and
    Asp.net.
    1)I have created a role based authorisation using SQL Server but i want
    to use
    Active Directory as a datastore now?
    2)Now if i want to allow the user to login credentials against the
    Active directory and then
    implementing the roles i have in my Database would i need to have roles
    in my Active Directory?
    3)What i really want to do is FOR my users to login using their
    username(windows logon) authenticate them against Active Directory after
    authentication ..then authorization depending on their ROLES and then
    redirecting them to the resources they are allowed to browse on.
    4)Now i'm authenticating against my database with username and pwd.And i
    created some Roles in the Database for my authorisation.But i want to
    authenticate using Active Directory and then Authorisation..
    But if i have to use Active Directory for authorisation wil i have to
    have ROLES in my active Directory?

    Thanks in advance and waiting for all ideas,arcticlea and resources...

    naijacoder naijacoder, Aug 26, 2004