ASP.NET Worker processes and shared resources

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Abhishek Srivastava, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. Hello All,

    I am reading about the worker process based architecture of ASP.NET.
    What I am wondering is how do they use the shared resources like the
    connection pool to the database.

    DB connection pools are in-memory things. Now If I have 5 worker
    processes running and I have set my max connection pool size to 20 for
    my application.

    will each worker run with 4 connections? or will each worker process
    create a pool of size 20 thereby opening a total of 100 connections to
    my db?

    Each time a worker process gets re-cycled, is there anyway with which I
    can tell it to execute a peice of code (a kind of contructor) before it
    starts taking requrest?

    Thanks for your help in advance.

    regards,
    Abhishek.