ASP.NET WorkFlow/Pipeline Component like Commerce Server ?

Microsoft

Hi All.

We currently use the Microsoft Commerce Server pipeline component to run the
workflow for our application, however this is very limited when it comes to
ASP.NET and has no programmable interface so that we can make a web
interface to changing the workflow. With the pipeline editor you can add
components and vb script files and then execute the component, I think this
uses iDispatch so that an object is passed to the pipeline and then all
components can then access the object and modify/read its properties.

Surely this can be re-written in ASP.NET and was wondering if anyone could
point me to the right areas, basically we need the ability to add .NET
objects to a pipeline and the ability for this to run vbscript files (how
does it manage to do this ??? does it spawn the windows script host) and
then we need the ability to edit the configuration via a web based
front-end, so if anyone can advise then please mail me or reply to this
thread.

We would need the ability to attach strong name components as within
Commerce Server you have to attach a COM object which is ok but we have
clients running different versions of the same component.

Thanks
Paul

Max Akbar

The management of the Pipeline is done through COM load pipeconfig.dll and
executed through pipeline.dll. In order for you to do what you want to have
to interop. Of course you are not going to get any support and I would
recommend against it.

Why can't you create a .NET pipeline components that does your work flow for
you?

Good luck,
-Max