ASP.NET, works on XP but not 2000 ??!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Harry, Nov 7, 2003.

  1. Harry

    Harry Guest

    Hi,

    Bit of a weird problem here.

    I have a development PC (XP Pro) that I work on. For example I have
    created a page with RequiredField validators that work fine when I
    test the page.

    Problem occurs when I upload to my server (2000), the page appears ok,
    but things like the RequiredField tags do not work.
    They just seem to be 'ignored' ?

    Does anyone else have any ideas what may be causing this, as it is
    driving me crazy !?

    Any help, appriciated as always.
    (Both PC's running ver1.1)

    Harry, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Harry

    M K Guest

    Sounds like either your app is not set up correctly in IIS or your
    web.config file could be the problem. Are you including code in the page, or
    using code behind?

    M K, Nov 7, 2003

  3. Hi H,

    try this and see if it helps -

    Go to the VS.NET Command Prompt and execute the following

    aspnet_regiis -c

    Kaustav Neogy.

    Kaustav Neogy, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Harry

    Harry Guest

    Hi All,

    I figured out the problem, so hopefully it may help someone else!

    On my Win2000 server I have two hardrives. IIS is by default in the
    normal C: drive. My websites, are hosted on a E:Drive.
    So I had to copy the "asp_client" folder that is in the C drive to the
    root of the websites that are on my E: drive!
    (I found this out by looking at the source code of uploaded pages, and
    behold, there was a reference to a file on the C:Drive looking for a
    validation script!)

    Simple when you know how !!

    Cheers for the suggestions

    Harry, Nov 9, 2003