ASP.NET, XP Pro

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Bewildered, Nov 29, 2003.

  1. Bewildered

    Bewildered Guest

    I've been trying for days to get ASP.NET framework to run on my PC. I kep
    getting this error: although I'm not trying to set up and mobile devices.
    Can anyone help with a solution?

    TIA
    Configuration Error

    Parser Error Message: Server cannot read capabilities configuration r.

    Source Error:

    Line 632: rendersBreakBeforeWmlSelectAndInput = "false"
    Line 633: requiresAttributeColonSubstitution = "false"
    Line 634: requiresPhoneNumbersAsPlainText = "false"
    Line 635: requiresUrlEncodedPostfieldValues = "false"
    Line 636: requiredMetaTagNameValue = "

    Source File:
    c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config Line:

    ----
    Version:1.1.4322.573
    Bewildered, Nov 29, 2003

  2. Bewildered

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Open the machine.config and check the place error message indicated. Is it
    malformed or corrupted somehow (i.e is it valid XML)? You can try
    reinstalling Framework 1.1 if you can't get it solved manually.

    --
    Teemu Keiski

    "Bewildered" <> wrote in message
    > I've been trying for days to get ASP.NET framework to run on my PC. I kep
    > getting this error: although I'm not trying to set up and mobile devices.
    > Can anyone help with a solution?
    >
    > TIA
    > Configuration Error

    file
    > required to service this request. Please review the specific error details
    > below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
    >
    > Parser Error Message: Server cannot read capabilities configuration r.
    >
    > Source Error:
    >
    > Line 632: rendersBreakBeforeWmlSelectAndInput = "false"
    > Line 633: requiresAttributeColonSubstitution = "false"
    > Line 634: requiresPhoneNumbersAsPlainText = "false"
    > Line 635: requiresUrlEncodedPostfieldValues = "false"
    > Line 636: requiredMetaTagNameValue = "
    >
    > Source File:
    > c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config

    Line:
    > 634

    > ----
    > Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;

    ASP.NET

    Teemu Keiski, Nov 29, 2003