ASP.NET "XSL processor stack has overflowed."

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Prabu, Mar 2, 2007.

  1. Prabu

    Prabu Guest

    Hi,
    I have a web site hosted on a W2k3 machine with IIS 6.0 installed.
    When ever i run a specific task from this website I get a 'The XSL
    processor stack has overflowed - probable cause is infinite template
    recursion' error message.

    I created a windows application with the same code and kicked of the
    transformation it worked fine. This makes me believe that there is
    some setting in the application pool's memory which can be tweeked to
    get this work done in the web environment.
    I changed the Virtual Memory setting and the Maximum memory setting
    in
    the application which hosts my web site but to no avail.

    Since this is working fine in a windows environment I would guess
    that
    the XSL transformation (though having a recurssive call, it has an
    exit condition) is absolutely fine and that the web server is not in
    position to handle the transformation !

    Kindly suggest some solution to this problem.

    Cheers
    Prabu Girirajan

    Prabu, Mar 2, 2007

  2. Prabu

    Prabu Guest

    Thanks to David I was in a position to solve this issue.
    I implemented the transformation in an EXE and executed the exe from
    the COM.

    This did work and there was a significant increase in the performance.

    Cheers
    Prabu

    Prabu, Mar 5, 2007