asp.net

DLU

Is there any advantage to using asp.net v.2?

--
***************************************
* This is the Spammish Inquisition *

Harlan Messinger

DLU said:
Is there any advantage to using asp.net v.2?
As opposed to ASP.NET version 3.5? ASP.NET version 1.0? ASP classic?
PHP? JSP? CGI? Twigs and clam shells?

Raymond Schmit

God, what a stupid question! Of course there is.

A question is never stupid .... the answer could be stupid.

Anyway ... why not using asp.net v.3.5 ?

Andy Dingley

As opposed to ASP.NET version 3.5? ASP.NET version 1.0? ASP classic?
PHP? JSP? CGI? Twigs and clam shells?

By the time you finished posting that message, there will be Yet
Another Java Framework and it will be called "Twigs". Probably a
"lightweight version of Struts", or some equally contrived naming.

Java Frameworks may actually exhaust their available namespace before
IP4 runs out for the servers to host them.

Raymond Schmit

Obviously the ability to recognize humor is mighty rare around these
parts...

Sorry for my first level of understanding :)
May be because my mother language is french.
Did frogs have humor ? :)

dorayme

"asdf said:
Only if they shit in the woods...

hahaha!... that's a 10/10... nice one!

Care to explain what is the least funny about this? Really, I don't get
it except in the sense that being remarkably unfunny can in some
situations be quite funny. A case of this is in the film, Catch me if
you can, in which the humourless agent, Tom Hanks, attempts a joke in a
police car.

rf

dorayme said:
Care to explain what is the least funny about this? Really, I don't
get it except in the sense that being remarkably unfunny can in some
situations be quite funny. A case of this is in the film, Catch me if
you can, in which the humourless agent, Tom Hanks, attempts a joke in
a police car.

Matters of certainty.

Is the Pope catholic?
Are the Kennedys gun shy?
Do bears shit in the woods?

asdf

rf said:
Matters of certainty.

Is the Pope catholic?
Are the Kennedys gun shy?
Do bears shit in the woods?

....or how about the extreme opposite... the non-joke... (Warning: u may need
drugs or an eastern religion to understand this one ;) ):

Q. What's the difference between a football?
A. An orange because motorbikes don't have doors.

In the right context, this can be very, very funny. The lesson here is
context... :)).

Appropriate context is: at the end of a long, long dinner party... ties are
off, shirts are off, the bottles are empty, and religion and politics have
already been discussed... just before the 'I love you man' / morose / 'how
about I call you a taxi', stage...

dorayme

"rf said:
dorayme wrote:

Matters of certainty.

Is the Pope catholic?

Righto, but I still don't quite see why it is a funny response *to
whether frogs have humour*. I see how it is a 'funny' way of giving the
answer in the affirmative. But yes or no as the answer with a similar
"matter of certainty" logic to it could be possible. I just think there
should be something more essentially funny about the affirmativeness of
the answer. I honestly cannot see how it can be 10/10 funny. 3/10 is
tops and trust me, this is not *because* I am biased against Travis.

dorayme

"asdf said:
Q. What's the difference between a football?
A. An orange because motorbikes don't have doors.

Yes, there are all manner of these. What's the difference between
rabbits? They have two ears both the same! How many surrealists does it
take to change a light globe? Fish!

asdf

dorayme said:
Yes, there are all manner of these. What's the difference between
rabbits? They have two ears both the same! How many surrealists does it
take to change a light globe? Fish!

See? now they're funny :)