    * Not Lumber Cartel Unit 75 [TINLC] *
    * I am not SPEWS.ORG *
    ***************************************

    DLU, Feb 10, 2009

  2. DLU wrote:
    > Is there any advantage to using asp.net v.2?

    As opposed to ASP.NET version 3.5? ASP.NET version 1.0? ASP classic?
    PHP? JSP? CGI? Twigs and clam shells?

    Harlan Messinger, Feb 10, 2009

  3. On Feb 9, 10:28 pm, DLU <> wrote:
    > Is there any advantage to using asp.net v.2?

    God, what a stupid question! Of course there is.

    Travis Newbury, Feb 11, 2009
  4. On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 02:45:41 -0800 (PST), Travis Newbury
    <> wrote:

    >On Feb 9, 10:28 pm, DLU <> wrote:
    >> Is there any advantage to using asp.net v.2?

    >God, what a stupid question! Of course there is.

    A question is never stupid .... the answer could be stupid.

    Anyway ... why not using asp.net v.3.5 ?

    Raymond Schmit, Feb 11, 2009
  5. DLU

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 10 Feb, 19:42, Harlan Messinger <>
    wrote:

    > As opposed to ASP.NET version 3.5? ASP.NET version 1.0? ASP classic?
    > PHP? JSP? CGI? Twigs and clam shells?

    By the time you finished posting that message, there will be Yet
    Another Java Framework and it will be called "Twigs". Probably a
    "lightweight version of Struts", or some equally contrived naming.

    Java Frameworks may actually exhaust their available namespace before
    IP4 runs out for the servers to host them.

    Andy Dingley, Feb 11, 2009
  6. On Feb 11, 7:11 am, (Raymond Schmit) wrote:
    > >God, what a stupid question!  Of course there is.

    > A question is never stupid .... the answer could be stupid.

    Obviously the ability to recognize humor is mighty rare around these
    parts...

    Travis Newbury, Feb 11, 2009
  7. On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 04:58:54 -0800 (PST), Travis Newbury
    <> wrote:

    >On Feb 11, 7:11 am, (Raymond Schmit) wrote:
    >> >God, what a stupid question!  Of course there is.

    >> A question is never stupid .... the answer could be stupid.

    >Obviously the ability to recognize humor is mighty rare around these
    >parts...

    Sorry for my first level of understanding :)
    May be because my mother language is french.
    Did frogs have humor ? :)

    Raymond Schmit, Feb 11, 2009
  8. DLU

    Tim Greer Guest

    DLU wrote:

    > Is there any advantage to using asp.net v.2?

    Advantage over what?

    Tim Greer, Feb 11, 2009
  9. On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 19:28:12 -0800, DLU wrote:

    > Is there any advantage to using asp.net v.2?

    I would avoid it. My gas mileage pretty much remained the same.

    Allodoxaphobia, Feb 11, 2009
  10. On Feb 11, 11:53 am, (Raymond Schmit)
    wrote:
    > >Obviously the ability to recognize humor is mighty rare around these
    > >parts...

    > Did frogs have humor ?

    Only if they shit in the woods...

    Travis Newbury, Feb 11, 2009
  11. DLU

    asdf Guest

    wrote:
    > >Obviously the ability to recognize humor is mighty rare around these
    > >parts...

    > Did frogs have humor ?

    Only if they shit in the woods...

    hahaha!... that's a 10/10... nice one!

    asdf, Feb 11, 2009
  12. DLU

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <49935baa$0$23955$>,
    "asdf" <> wrote:

    > "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in message
    > On Feb 11, 11:53 am, (Raymond Schmit)
    > wrote:
    > > >Obviously the ability to recognize humor is mighty rare around these
    > > >parts...

    > > Did frogs have humor ?

    > Only if they shit in the woods...
    >
    > hahaha!... that's a 10/10... nice one!

    Care to explain what is the least funny about this? Really, I don't get
    it except in the sense that being remarkably unfunny can in some
    situations be quite funny. A case of this is in the film, Catch me if
    you can, in which the humourless agent, Tom Hanks, attempts a joke in a
    police car.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Feb 12, 2009
  13. DLU

    rf Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > In article
    > <49935baa$0$23955$>,
    > "asdf" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in message
    >>> Did frogs have humor ?

    >> Only if they shit in the woods...
    >>
    >> hahaha!... that's a 10/10... nice one!

    > Care to explain what is the least funny about this? Really, I don't
    > get it except in the sense that being remarkably unfunny can in some
    > situations be quite funny. A case of this is in the film, Catch me if
    > you can, in which the humourless agent, Tom Hanks, attempts a joke in
    > a police car.

    Matters of certainty.

    Is the Pope catholic?
    Are the Kennedys gun shy?
    Do bears shit in the woods?

    rf, Feb 12, 2009
  14. DLU

    asdf Guest

    "rf" <> wrote in message
    > dorayme wrote:
    >> In article
    >> <49935baa$0$23955$>,
    >> "asdf" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Only if they shit in the woods...
    >>>
    >>> hahaha!... that's a 10/10... nice one!

    >> Care to explain what is the least funny about this? Really, I don't
    >> get it except in the sense that being remarkably unfunny can in some
    >> situations be quite funny. A case of this is in the film, Catch me if
    >> you can, in which the humourless agent, Tom Hanks, attempts a joke in
    >> a police car.

    > Matters of certainty.
    >
    > Is the Pope catholic?
    > Are the Kennedys gun shy?
    > Do bears shit in the woods?

    ....or how about the extreme opposite... the non-joke... (Warning: u may need
    drugs or an eastern religion to understand this one ;) ):

    Q. What's the difference between a football?
    A. An orange because motorbikes don't have doors.

    In the right context, this can be very, very funny. The lesson here is
    context... :)).

    Appropriate context is: at the end of a long, long dinner party... ties are
    off, shirts are off, the bottles are empty, and religion and politics have
    already been discussed... just before the 'I love you man' / morose / 'how
    about I call you a taxi', stage...

    asdf, Feb 12, 2009
  15. DLU

    dorayme Guest

    In article <NWKkl.19693$>,
    "rf" <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:

    > >> "Travis Newbury" wrote
    > >>
    > >> Only if they shit in the woods...
    > >>
    > >> hahaha!... that's a 10/10... nice one!

    > > Care to explain what is the least funny about this? Really, I don't
    > > get it except in the sense that being remarkably unfunny can in some
    > > situations be quite funny. A case of this is in the film, Catch me if
    > > you can, in which the humourless agent, Tom Hanks, attempts a joke in
    > > a police car.

    > Matters of certainty.
    >
    > Is the Pope catholic?

    Righto, but I still don't quite see why it is a funny response *to
    whether frogs have humour*. I see how it is a 'funny' way of giving the
    answer in the affirmative. But yes or no as the answer with a similar
    "matter of certainty" logic to it could be possible. I just think there
    should be something more essentially funny about the affirmativeness of
    the answer. I honestly cannot see how it can be 10/10 funny. 3/10 is
    tops and trust me, this is not *because* I am biased against Travis.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Feb 12, 2009
  16. DLU

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <49937d4c$0$23895$>,
    "asdf" <> wrote:

    > Q. What's the difference between a football?
    > A. An orange because motorbikes don't have doors.

    Yes, there are all manner of these. What's the difference between
    rabbits? They have two ears both the same! How many surrealists does it
    take to change a light globe? Fish!

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Feb 12, 2009
  17. DLU

    asdf Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article
    > <49937d4c$0$23895$>,
    > "asdf" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Q. What's the difference between a football?
    >> A. An orange because motorbikes don't have doors.

    > Yes, there are all manner of these. What's the difference between
    > rabbits? They have two ears both the same! How many surrealists does it
    > take to change a light globe? Fish!
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    See? now they're funny :)

    asdf, Feb 12, 2009
  18. DLU

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <499385b8$0$23905$>,
    "asdf" <> wrote:

    > "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > > In article
    > > <49937d4c$0$23895$>,
    > > "asdf" <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Q. What's the difference between a football?
    > >> A. An orange because motorbikes don't have doors.

    > > Yes, there are all manner of these. What's the difference between
    > > rabbits? They have two ears both the same! How many surrealists does it
    > > take to change a light globe? Fish!
    > >
    > > --
    > > dorayme

    > See? now they're funny :)

    Have never denied the general drollness of the type you mention.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Feb 12, 2009
  19. DLU

    asdf Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article
    > <499385b8$0$23905$>,
    > "asdf" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    >> > In article
    >> > <49937d4c$0$23895$>,

    >> > Yes, there are all manner of these. What's the difference between
    >> > rabbits? They have two ears both the same! How many surrealists does it
    >> > take to change a light globe? Fish!
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > dorayme

    >> See? now they're funny :)

    > Have never denied the general drollness of the type you mention.
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    Is your pedantry an impediment to your life?

    :)

    asdf, Feb 12, 2009
  20. DLU

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <4993a1a3$0$23900$>,
    "asdf" <> wrote:

    > Is your pedantry an impediment to your life?
    >
    > :)

    Yes. What was the smiley icon doing at the end of your cutting remark
    for?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Feb 12, 2009