ASP Newbie -- Please Help!

tim

Hi, I am going to start a webpage & the server help people told me it
should be in ASP script - I have NO CLUE what that means. I know there
are programs which help with the creation of a web site, are there any
that do it in ASP script, preferably any free ones? Is there anything
I should know before embarking on this? I know these are broad
questions, any help at all would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
Tim

Bgreer5050

Save your main page to the server as default.asp instead of index.htm.
Also, teach yourself asp. You can download a program called Web Developer
Express for free from microsofts msdn2 website and they have a lot of free
tutorials to teach you.

Patrice

Also ASP is not the same thing than ASP.NET but its predecessor.

If you need only statiic pages this is not needed. ASP pages are basically
programs that are running server side to construct the resulting HTML page
on the fly (possibly taking information out from databases) etc...

Else you could perhaps something done that fir your needs (such as a blog
system) depending what you are trying to do...