    Please advise. Thanks a lot.

    --
    JSC
    JScoobyCed, Jun 28, 2006

  2. "JScoobyCed" <> wrote in message
    news:44a2556c$0$19637$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is network communication available on ASP (not .Net)? My code is on
    > two ASP servers on which I cannot install any components.
    > My need is quite basic:
    > The Client (browser) POST/GET a HTTP request to Server1
    > Server1 POST/GET a HTTP request Server2
    > Server2 respond with a Comma Separated Values file
    > Server1 compose page with data from Server2
    > Server1 sends back the result to Client1
    >
    > I know there are other solutions like XML-RPC, but it needs to install
    > something on the server.

    It's fairly certain an ASP server will have MSXML3 installed. So use
    MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0.
    An alternative would be to use the WinHTTP object directly which will be
    present on Windows 2000 SP2 or higher however I prefer to go via the
    ServerXMLHTTP route.

    Anthony Jones, Jun 28, 2006

  3. JScoobyCed

    JScoobyCed Guest

    Anthony Jones wrote:
    > It's fairly certain an ASP server will have MSXML3 installed. So use
    > MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0.

    To quote Homer Simpson:
    "Doh!"

    Thanks :)