ASP not working, but same code in VBS works

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by San Diego Guy, Jan 22, 2006.

  1. Hi all!
    I'm working with a SDK provided for some X10 software I have.

    If I use the code in an ASP page, nothing happens.. no error, just
    nothing. I haven't had a problem with ASP in the past on this computer
    and other ASP pages render fine.

    If I use the (almost) identical code in a stand alone VBS it works fine.
    Both the ASP and VBS are running on the same computer and it's an XP SP2
    with IIS installed.

    Here's the code

    ASP:
    <%@ Language=VBScript %>
    <%
    Set x10Obj = Server.CreateObject("X10.ActiveHome")

    x10Obj.SendAction "sendplc", "c2 off"
    set x10Obj = Nothing
    %>

    Here is the VBS code:
    Set x10Obj = CreateObject("X10.ActiveHome")

    x10Obj.SendAction "sendplc", "c2 off"
    set X10Obj = Nothing

    Like I said the asp page does nothing, but the vbs runs fine.. the
    device goes off.

    I can't figure out why the asp wouldn't work, it's virtually the same
    code other than the server.createobject and createobject.. but since
    it's on the same machine that shouldn't matter.

    Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

    Thanks!

    San Diego Guy, Jan 22, 2006