ASP, ODBC & Cobalt Qube Server....

David

Hi,

Quick question,

We have a Cobalt Qube 3 Server running Linux & Chilisoft asp.
At the moment my asp applications pull data from the installed MySQL
database which is fed data via MS Access (via ODBC) which is used as
our in-house front-end between 3 staff doing data entry.

We are now possibly looking to implement an ERP/MRP solution to run
our head office & manufacturing site. The data would therefore come
from the new software and no longer from MS Access.

I can export the data via ODBC in windows into MySQL, but I cannnot
Import/link the tables back into the software as I do now with MS
Access to ensure that the web apps data is live as of the moment you
enter information. I would therefore have to do updates several times
a day which is a bit messy.

As the asp pages run from our Cobalt server, how is it possible to set
up an ODBC connection on the Linux server when there is no interface
like we have in Windows. I am trying to get the asp pages to connect
to their database wich is somewhere else on our network, not the
server.

Is this possible ?

Appreciate your thoughts....

David.

Jeff Cochran

As the asp pages run from our Cobalt server, how is it possible to set
up an ODBC connection on the Linux server when there is no interface
like we have in Windows. I am trying to get the asp pages to connect
to their database wich is somewhere else on our network, not the
server.

This would make sense to be asking in a Linux or Cobalt newsgroup or
support forum, since it isn't ASP related.

Jeff

David Gordon

since it isn't ASP related ????

What ?, can you not read the word ASP several times in my question....of
course it's asp related !!!...DOH !

Mark Schupp

IIRC (you didn't quote your original post, so excuse me if this is way off
base) you are asking how to set up an ODBC connection on a Linux box. While
the connection may be used in ASP the question is not about ASP (and many
here do not generally attempt to answer questions about ChiliSoft ASP
regardless).