ASP, ODBC & Cobalt Qube Server....

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by David, Jun 14, 2004.

  1. David

    David Guest

    Hi,

    Quick question,

    We have a Cobalt Qube 3 Server running Linux & Chilisoft asp.
    At the moment my asp applications pull data from the installed MySQL
    database which is fed data via MS Access (via ODBC) which is used as
    our in-house front-end between 3 staff doing data entry.

    We are now possibly looking to implement an ERP/MRP solution to run
    our head office & manufacturing site. The data would therefore come
    from the new software and no longer from MS Access.

    I can export the data via ODBC in windows into MySQL, but I cannnot
    Import/link the tables back into the software as I do now with MS
    Access to ensure that the web apps data is live as of the moment you
    enter information. I would therefore have to do updates several times
    a day which is a bit messy.

    As the asp pages run from our Cobalt server, how is it possible to set
    up an ODBC connection on the Linux server when there is no interface
    like we have in Windows. I am trying to get the asp pages to connect
    to their database wich is somewhere else on our network, not the
    server.

    Is this possible ?

    Appreciate your thoughts....

    David.

    David, Jun 14, 2004

  2. David

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    >As the asp pages run from our Cobalt server, how is it possible to set
    >up an ODBC connection on the Linux server when there is no interface
    >like we have in Windows. I am trying to get the asp pages to connect
    >to their database wich is somewhere else on our network, not the
    >server.

    This would make sense to be asking in a Linux or Cobalt newsgroup or
    support forum, since it isn't ASP related.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jun 14, 2004

  3. David

    David Gordon Guest

    since it isn't ASP related ????

    What ?, can you not read the word ASP several times in my question....of
    course it's asp related !!!...DOH !

    David Gordon, Jun 15, 2004
  4. David

    Mark Schupp Guest

    IIRC (you didn't quote your original post, so excuse me if this is way off
    base) you are asking how to set up an ODBC connection on a Linux box. While
    the connection may be used in ASP the question is not about ASP (and many
    here do not generally attempt to answer questions about ChiliSoft ASP
    regardless).

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development