ASP on a home computer

consulttech2004

Hello!

I am trying to play with ASP on my home computer. I am placing a
"hello.asp" page with simple code in C:\Inetpub or C:\Inetpub\wwwroot
and running it and am getting:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to
adjust your browser settings.

I am running Windows 2000 Server, and I just stripped off Apache/
MySQL. I am not sure what I need to do to allow myself to run ASP
pages on my home computer, but I would really like to do so! Help!

David

Guest

Hello!

I am trying to play with ASP on my home computer. I am placing a
"hello.asp" page with simple code in C:\Inetpub or C:\Inetpub\wwwroot
and running it and am getting:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to
adjust your browser settings.

I am running Windows 2000 Server, and I just stripped off Apache/
MySQL. I am not sure what I need to do to allow myself to run ASP
pages on my home computer, but I would really like to do so! Help!

David

By default, if IIS is running on your computer the root directory for
your web files is C:\Inetpub\wwwroot. If IIS is running and a website
is pointed to that directory you can access you page using
http://localhost/hello.asp. If it doesn't work, check if a) IIS is
running (e.g. in Control Panel - Admin. Tools - IIS) and a default
site (or any other site) is pointed to the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot

Mark Rae [MVP]

I am trying to play with ASP on my home computer. I am placing a
"hello.asp" page with simple code in C:\Inetpub or C:\Inetpub\wwwroot
and running it and am getting:

You're in the wrong newsgroup. This one is for ASP.NET...

Please post ASP issues to: microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general