ASP on Win 2003 Server

Tim

My window server is going to be upgraded from Win NT 4.0 Server to Win 2003
Server. I don't know if I can put an ASP web application on this new server
without any problem. I guess ASP.NET would be better but right now I just
have a classic ASP. Can you help me about this? Or any article about this
issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
tim

Turkbear

My window server is going to be upgraded from Win NT 4.0 Server to Win 2003
Server. I don't know if I can put an ASP web application on this new server
without any problem. I guess ASP.NET would be better but right now I just
have a classic ASP. Can you help me about this? Or any article about this
issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
tim

Clasic asp apps run fine ( in our experience) - just be sure to enable them..IIS6/Server 2003 is more restrictive with
security and asp needs to be specifically enabled..

Dave Anderson

Tim said:
My window server is going to be upgraded from Win NT 4.0 Server to
Win 2003 Server. I don't know if I can put an ASP web application on
this new server without any problem. I guess ASP.NET would be better
but right now I just have a classic ASP. Can you help me about this?
Or any article about this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Things that come to my mind right off the bat are buffering and CDO/CDONTS.
By default, IIS 4 buffering was off, while IIS 6 will be on:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/iissdk/html/f13191b2-b941-4c4e-a36f-43e6f3ee2b33.asp

If you are sending mail with CDONTS, you will definitely want to look here,
since CDONTS is not part of Server 2003:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/exchanchor/htms/msexchsvr_cdo_top.asp

--
Dave Anderson