    issue would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    tim
    Tim, Jan 30, 2006

  2. Tim

    Turkbear Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:01:27 -0800, Tim <> wrote:

    >My window server is going to be upgraded from Win NT 4.0 Server to Win 2003
    >Server. I don't know if I can put an ASP web application on this new server
    >without any problem. I guess ASP.NET would be better but right now I just
    >have a classic ASP. Can you help me about this? Or any article about this
    >issue would be greatly appreciated.
    >Thank you,
    >tim

    Clasic asp apps run fine ( in our experience) - just be sure to enable them..IIS6/Server 2003 is more restrictive with
    security and asp needs to be specifically enabled..
    Turkbear, Jan 30, 2006

  3. Tim wrote:
    > My window server is going to be upgraded from Win NT 4.0 Server to
    > Win 2003 Server. I don't know if I can put an ASP web application on
    > this new server without any problem. I guess ASP.NET would be better
    > but right now I just have a classic ASP. Can you help me about this?
    > Or any article about this issue would be greatly appreciated.

    Things that come to my mind right off the bat are buffering and CDO/CDONTS.
    By default, IIS 4 buffering was off, while IIS 6 will be on:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/iissdk/html/f13191b2-b941-4c4e-a36f-43e6f3ee2b33.asp

    If you are sending mail with CDONTS, you will definitely want to look here,
    since CDONTS is not part of Server 2003:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/exchanchor/htms/msexchsvr_cdo_top.asp

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Jan 30, 2006