ASP on WindowsXP

Andrius B.

I am a newbe in ASP programing.

The main problem is: On WindowsXP Professional (SP2) I have installed IIS
with all components, I could manage them through "Administrative tolls" in
Conrol Panel (I see all the items as I should see after the installation
according all manuals.)
But when I tried to execute the *.asp files on my local disk with my IE,
nothing hapens, t.i. even such code as below doesn't work at all:

<%@ language language=VBScript %>

<%
Response.Write("Hello")

%>

What measures should be taken in order to make the asp files work?

Thanks.

slagomite

Try executing the following command line:

aspnet_regiis.exe -i

(The aspnet_regiis executable is located in the

%WindowsDir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.x.xxxx

folder, where v1.x.xxxx represents the most recent version of the .NET
Framework installed on your machine.)

HTH
Luke

Peter Rilling

Andrius might be talking about classic ASP. If you look at the syntax, it
is not ASP.NET, specifically the preprocessor directive defining the
language.

slagomite

Ah, good eyes Peter. I only glanced at the code, and mistook the
language directive as an ASP.NET "Page" directive...

Thanks
Luke

Andrius B.

Thanks for help.
I am using classic ASP.

But also I have downloaded and instaleled VisualBasic 2005 ... but
Express, so no posibility to create asp files with .NET platform, or
execute them. I just am trying to write the code with HTML redactors or
simple text redactors.