ASP on WindowsXP

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Andrius B., Feb 7, 2006.

  1. Andrius B.

    Andrius B. Guest

    I am a newbe in ASP programing.

    The main problem is: On WindowsXP Professional (SP2) I have installed IIS
    with all components, I could manage them through "Administrative tolls" in
    Conrol Panel (I see all the items as I should see after the installation
    according all manuals.)
    But when I tried to execute the *.asp files on my local disk with my IE,
    nothing hapens, t.i. even such code as below doesn't work at all:

    <%@ language language=VBScript %>

    <%
    Response.Write("Hello")

    %>

    What measures should be taken in order to make the asp files work?

    Thanks.

    Andrius B., Feb 7, 2006

  2. Andrius B.

    slagomite Guest

    Try executing the following command line:

    aspnet_regiis.exe -i

    (The aspnet_regiis executable is located in the

    %WindowsDir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.x.xxxx

    folder, where v1.x.xxxx represents the most recent version of the .NET
    Framework installed on your machine.)

    HTH
    Luke

    slagomite, Feb 7, 2006

  3. Are you talking about ASP or ASP.NET?

    Peter Rilling, Feb 7, 2006
  4. Andrius might be talking about classic ASP. If you look at the syntax, it
    is not ASP.NET, specifically the preprocessor directive defining the
    language.

    Peter Rilling, Feb 7, 2006
  5. Andrius B.

    slagomite Guest

    Ah, good eyes Peter. I only glanced at the code, and mistook the
    language directive as an ASP.NET "Page" directive...

    Thanks
    Luke

    slagomite, Feb 8, 2006
  6. Andrius B.

    Andrius B. Guest

    Thanks for help.
    I am using classic ASP.

    But also I have downloaded and instaleled VisualBasic 2005 ... but
    Express, so no posibility to create asp files with .NET platform, or
    execute them. I just am trying to write the code with HTML redactors or
    simple text redactors.

    Andrius B., Feb 8, 2006