ASP page challenges for user cerdentials when large output returne

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Oliver Reed, Feb 7, 2005.

  1. Oliver Reed

    Oliver Reed Guest

    I have an ASP page which users can call with various parameters to generate
    data for reports.

    However, some users who specifiy very few parameters and so generate a large
    result page are geting challenged for their network credentials after approx
    30 seconds.

    When they enter their credentials for the third time the page returns with a
    401 "You are not authorized to use this page"

    Yet if they specify more parameters (and so get a smaller result page) then
    the page returns normally.

    If checked the query in the database and it runs fine with no errors, so I
    ssupect I'm hitting some sort of buffer limit within IIS?

    Any thoughts/ideas welcome.

    Ollie.

    Details
    Network: Intranet
    IIS: 5.0
    ASP 2.0
    Database: Oracle

    Oliver Reed, Feb 7, 2005

  2. Oliver Reed

    Oliver Reed Guest

    Well - got it sorted.

    Turns out that the server had run out of disk space! Once that was sorted
    then ASP returned to normal.

    Ollie out.

    Oliver Reed, Feb 11, 2005