ASP page does not run on Windows Server 2003

Galaxy

I have a simple asp page (just to display server time) on
the IIS running on Windows Server 2003 Standard version.
When I browse to the web site (actually just use same pc,
http:\\localhost\testsite), all html pages are fine. But
it displayed 'internal error 404' which means page not
found, when I view the asp page. Actually, None of asp
pages can run.
Do I have to activate any services before IIS can execute
asp page ? can anyone solve my problem ?

thanks
galaxy

middletree

I know that in general, many features of Windows 2003 are turned off by
default, which is a switch from previous versions. You may have to go into
IIS and see if everything is running.

galaxy

The default web site is running.
I put the asp page in a virtual directory under the
default web site. Any Idea ?
thanks

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Open IIS Manager from Administrative Tools. Expand your computer node,
click on "Web Service Extensions", and make sure "Active Server Pages" is
set to the "Allowed" state.

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

Is there an FAQ on this? I'd expect that this is the kind of problem a
lot
of people would run into with Windows 2003 if they aren't aware of the
security stuff.

Working on it; I only have 6 hands. :)