ASP page done - How do I get it out there?

Matt.

Hi all!

I've written and tested my ASP page using the Localhost. It works fine.
Now I'm ready to deliver it to the rest of the company. How do I put it out
there? Point me somewhere, please. My Google search ("how to publish
intranet page") was woefully inadequate.

The SQL Server is a Win2k machine, and that is also the machine I would like
to host the Intranet page. I don't know what else to tell you about our
environment. There will probably only be 5-10 users hitting the page (for
now). And for now, the ASP page (yes just one page) is the only page.

cheers,
Matt.

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Does the SQL Server machine have IIS installed? Does any other intranet
server have IIS installed?

Matt.

Hi Aaron!

The SQL Server does have IIS installed. There are no other intranet servers
in our company.

cheers,
Matt.

Dominique

then on that server(using terminal services or something)

go to iis console and se up the site the way you did it o your own
machine...

copy you file(s) to a location on that server , and point the default
website to that folder/file

give it a test by right-clicking the default website, and selecting
browse(in term services) just to make sure...

also make sure you starting file is called something like "default.asp" or
"index.asp"
although the latter will have to be added to the default file list in iis...

this is quite a rushed story, hope you get my meaning...

Matt.

Thanks all!

I didn't realize it was that simple. For now, I've added the asp page under
a subfolder of wwwroot, and have made the home page of the key users point
to that folder-file. It works beautifully. I'm almost considering taking
the rest of the day off to celebrate!!!!

cheers,
Matt.