    --
    Regards,

    Fred Chateau
    Fred Chateau, Dec 2, 2009

  2. Fred Chateau

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Fred Chateau wrote:
    > I have one legacy ASP page on my Web site, which has been returning
    > an HTTP 500 status code. I have debug turned on in IIS, but all I get
    > is a blank page. I substituted an older backup of the page, but the
    > same thing happens.
    > Does anyone know of any upgrades in Windows Server 2003 recently,
    > that would make ASP stop running?

    You will never figure out how to fix this without discovering the real error
    message. See:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows, Dec 2, 2009

  3. Hi Fred,

    I agree with Bob. The error logs will be very useful for the
    trouble-shooting.

    Besides, if we create a simple ASP website and deploy it on this IIS, does
    it have the same issue? This can eliminate the possibility that legacy ASP
    website is causing problem.

    I look forward to receiving your test results.

    Best Regards,
    Thomas Sun

    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    ications.

    With newsgroups, MSDN subscribers enjoy unlimited, free support as opposed
    to the limited number of phone-based technical support incidents. Complex
    issues or server-down situations are not recommended for the newsgroups.
    Issues of this nature are best handled working with a Microsoft Support
    Engineer using one of your phone-based incidents.

    --------------------

    Thomas Sun [MSFT], Dec 3, 2009
  4. Fred Chateau

    Fred Chateau Guest

    I followed the advice to turn off "Enable server-side ASP script debugging".
    (I had both this and enable client side on.)

    Microsoft SQL Native Client error '80040e09'
    The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'spGetStateMap', database
    'HotelMotelNow', schema 'dbo'.

    We had recently transferred our database to a new server. Bob was right. I
    never would have found this without seeing the real error. Not sure why I
    couldn't see the error before turning off the server side debugging, though.

    Thanks for the help, guys.

    --
    Regards,

    Fred Chateau