ASP Page Trace Question

Guest

Hi,
I turned on page level tracing, but the trace output overwrites the the
controls on the page. All I did was:
- create a new asp.net web app
- Put 3 labels, 2 textboxes and one button on the page
- Handle button click event, perform simple calculation with trace logging
message
- Turned on page level tracing and ran the project
The labels, textboxes and button are overwritten with the trac eoutput.

Thanks for any help,
Rob

Dmitry Duginov

Rob C said:
Hi,
I turned on page level tracing, but the trace output overwrites the the
controls on the page. All I did was:
- create a new asp.net web app
- Put 3 labels, 2 textboxes and one button on the page
- Handle button click event, perform simple calculation with trace logging
message
- Turned on page level tracing and ran the project
The labels, textboxes and button are overwritten with the trac eoutput.

This happens because of PageLayout=GridLayout

Your controls have absolute positions, while Debug info is plain HTML.

Switch to FlowLayout or use trace.axd

Regards,
Dmitry

Guest

Hi, Thanks for the response. I set the docuemnt's pagelayout to FlowLayout
and got the same results. Does it matter that the controls are web controls
and not html controls?
Thanks

Guest

Ahh, I had to change to flow layout and then re-add the controls back onto
the page. Then when I ran it it worked, the trace output appears below the
web controls.
Thanks!