    What is this issue about? It's been quite a while since I did anything
    with .asp so I'm not sure when this went south. I can create and run
    aspx pages in vs2008.

    amos, Jul 27, 2008

  2. amos

    Munna Guest

    Munna, Jul 27, 2008

  3. amos

    amos Guest

    Thanks for replying. But that's a pretty old thread and most of the
    conditions of the errors there seem to be different. I've googled and
    found such a maze of possible issues and fixes around this, I was hoping
    someone could offer a straightforward approach to it before I change a
    bunch of settings, which might make things get even more complicated.

    amos, Jul 28, 2008
  4. Hello amos,

    are you opening your own developed page or standard?!
    try to enable anonymous access to your site

    ---
    WBR,
    Michael Nemtsev [Microsoft MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

    a> I have vs2008 pro installed in winxp sp2. IIS is installed, but if I
    a> try
    a> to open a classic asp (http://127.0.0.1/localstart.asp)
    a> page I get this error:
    a> HTTP 401.2 - Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration
    a> Internet Information Services
    a>
    a> If I try http://127.0.0.1 from that error page I get a password
    a> prompt and then
    a>
    a> error '8002801c'
    a> Error accessing the OLE registry.
    a> /iisHelp/common/500-100.asp, line 17
    a> What is this issue about? It's been quite a while since I did
    a> anything with .asp so I'm not sure when this went south. I can create
    a> and run aspx pages in vs2008.
    a>

    Michael Nemtsev [MVP], Jul 28, 2008
  5. amos

    Mark Z. Guest

    Did you enable classic ASP? Classic ASP and ASP.NET are NOT the same thing...

    Easy to follow steps with screenshots:
    http://www.visualwin.com/ASP/

    Mark Z., Jul 29, 2008