ASP pages are not processed by IIS

amos

I have vs2008 pro installed in winxp sp2. IIS is installed, but if I try
to open a classic asp (http://127.0.0.1/localstart.asp)
page I get this error:

HTTP 401.2 - Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration
Internet Information Services

If I try http://127.0.0.1 from that error page I get a password prompt
and then

error '8002801c'
Error accessing the OLE registry.
/iisHelp/common/500-100.asp, line 17

What is this issue about? It's been quite a while since I did anything
with .asp so I'm not sure when this went south. I can create and run
aspx pages in vs2008.

amos

Thanks for replying. But that's a pretty old thread and most of the
conditions of the errors there seem to be different. I've googled and
found such a maze of possible issues and fixes around this, I was hoping
someone could offer a straightforward approach to it before I change a
bunch of settings, which might make things get even more complicated.

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello amos,

are you opening your own developed page or standard?!
try to enable anonymous access to your site

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev [Microsoft MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

a> I have vs2008 pro installed in winxp sp2. IIS is installed, but if I
a> try
a> to open a classic asp (http://127.0.0.1/localstart.asp)
a> page I get this error:
a> HTTP 401.2 - Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration
a> Internet Information Services
a>
a> If I try http://127.0.0.1 from that error page I get a password
a> prompt and then
a>
a> error '8002801c'
a> Error accessing the OLE registry.
a> /iisHelp/common/500-100.asp, line 17
a> What is this issue about? It's been quite a while since I did
a> anything with .asp so I'm not sure when this went south. I can create
a> and run aspx pages in vs2008.
a>