    created a new web site and put a single default.asp page in the site.. It
    will not display either. I have un-installed and re-installed the .net
    framework (2.0) but still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Jeff Hofstetter, Jan 22, 2006

  2. classic is off by default in iis6 did you enable it in iis ?

    Kyle Peterson, Jan 23, 2006

  3. "Jeff Hofstetter" <> wrote in message
    >I have setup a new IIS 6.0 server and have copied two web sites from an
    >existing IIS 6.0 server to the new server. On the old server the ASP pages
    >work fine. On the new server no ASP page in either site will display. I
    >created a new web site and put a single default.asp page in the site.. It
    >will not display either. I have un-installed and re-installed the .net
    >framework (2.0) but still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions?

    By default, IIS 6 will only serve html (static pages) pages. If you want to
    run ASP apps, you need to enable the ASP web service extension. In Internet
    Services Manager, click Web Services Extensions, select "Active Server
    Pages" and click the Allow button.

    --
    John Blessing

    businesses
    for your meeting/class over the web.
    http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace,
    send newsletters
    John Blessing, Jan 23, 2006
  4. Jeff Hofstetter

    Chianti Guest

    Also, make sure that the ASPNET local account has permissions to the folder.

    Chianti, Feb 1, 2006