ASP pages aren't working

Jeff Hofstetter

I have setup a new IIS 6.0 server and have copied two web sites from an
existing IIS 6.0 server to the new server. On the old server the ASP pages
work fine. On the new server no ASP page in either site will display. I
created a new web site and put a single default.asp page in the site.. It
will not display either. I have un-installed and re-installed the .net
framework (2.0) but still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions?

John Blessing

Jeff Hofstetter said:
I have setup a new IIS 6.0 server and have copied two web sites from an
existing IIS 6.0 server to the new server. On the old server the ASP pages
work fine. On the new server no ASP page in either site will display. I
created a new web site and put a single default.asp page in the site.. It
will not display either. I have un-installed and re-installed the .net
framework (2.0) but still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions?

By default, IIS 6 will only serve html (static pages) pages. If you want to
run ASP apps, you need to enable the ASP web service extension. In Internet
Services Manager, click Web Services Extensions, select "Active Server
Pages" and click the Allow button.

--
John Blessing

businesses