ASP pages don't work on W2003 Server

Ian

I have a Windows 2003 server running IIS6.0

It has a number of ASP.NET sites running on it.

I'm trying to instal a legacy classic ASP site, but trying to access and
pages with the .asp suffix produces a "The system cannot find the file
specified." page, or when run locally a 404.

Interesting to note that when I make default.asp my default content page and
browse to /mydomain/ rather then /mydomain/default.asp, this page works
fine.

Thanks
Ian

John Blessing

Ian said:
I have a Windows 2003 server running IIS6.0

It has a number of ASP.NET sites running on it.

I'm trying to instal a legacy classic ASP site, but trying to access and
pages with the .asp suffix produces a "The system cannot find the file
specified." page, or when run locally a 404.

Interesting to note that when I make default.asp my default content page
and
browse to /mydomain/ rather then /mydomain/default.asp, this page works
fine.

Thanks
Ian

If you want to run ASP apps, you need to enable the ASP web service
extension. In Internet Services Manager, click Web Services Extensions,
select "Active Server Pages" and click the Allow button.

--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.