    fine.

    Thanks
    Ian

    Ian, Nov 23, 2005

  2. "Ian" <> wrote in message
    news:%23b%...
    >I have a Windows 2003 server running IIS6.0
    >
    > It has a number of ASP.NET sites running on it.
    >
    > I'm trying to instal a legacy classic ASP site, but trying to access and
    > pages with the .asp suffix produces a "The system cannot find the file
    > specified." page, or when run locally a 404.
    >
    > Interesting to note that when I make default.asp my default content page
    > and
    > browse to /mydomain/ rather then /mydomain/default.asp, this page works
    > fine.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Ian

    If you want to run ASP apps, you need to enable the ASP web service
    extension. In Internet Services Manager, click Web Services Extensions,
    select "Active Server Pages" and click the Allow button.

    --
    John Blessing

    businesses
    for your meeting/class over the web.
    http://www.outlook-find-replace.com - Find & Replace in Emails, Contacts,
    Appointments, Tasks and Notes
    http://www.schedule-email.com - Schedule multiple individual
    emails/newsletters

    John Blessing, Nov 23, 2005

  3. Ian

    Ian Guest

    Thanks John, that was the first thing I checked, still doesn't work.

    Ian

    Ian, Nov 24, 2005