    value, or returns a bad value from say instr(), the line is simply ignored,
    or if its inside a loop or for/next, that block is ignored.

    any ideas?
    s_m_b, Sep 27, 2005

  2. s_m_b

    Terren Guest

    chuck <%Option explicit%> at the top of the page to make sure your code
    is correct before any actions are taken
    Terren, Sep 28, 2005

  3. s_m_b

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:42:55 -0700, "s_m_b" <>
    wrote:

    >Can't figure this one.
    >web page with vbscript asp, w2k/iis5
    >The page opens with no errors (syntax errors get picked up just fine)
    >but. If a line contains a variable that's either not dimmed, or has no
    >value, or returns a bad value from say instr(), the line is simply ignored,
    >or if its inside a loop or for/next, that block is ignored.
    >
    >any ideas?

    Stop writing bad code. :)

    Check all inputs. Use Option Explicit. Test heavily. Do not use On
    Error Resume Next until the code is fully debugged.

    Probably 80% of any decent code is error trapping and handling.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Sep 28, 2005
  4. s_m_b

    s_m_b Guest

    Brian Staff <brianstaff AT [NoSpam]cox DOT net> wrote in

    > on error resume next
    >
    > Brian

    if only that worked (sorry - should have mentioned that I'd tried this!)
    s_m_b, Sep 28, 2005