    I don't even know where to go to find more diagnostics (friendly messages is
    already switched off)

    Any help appreciated

    w blann, Apr 11, 2006

  2. w blann

    Mike Brind Guest

    w blann wrote:
    > I have a desktop with XP Pro that happily runs my ASP pages via localhost
    > and a laptop also with XP Pro that won't. A very simple web page without
    > any ASP in it will run as page.htm but not as page.asp; XP Pro is running
    > IIS 5; all windows updates are up to date. Pages simply displays Server
    > Application Error message
    >
    > I don't even know where to go to find more diagnostics (friendly messages is
    > already switched off)
    >
    > Any help appreciated

    What does the system event log tell you?

    Might this help? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/297519

    --
    Mike Brind

    Mike Brind, Apr 12, 2006

  3. w blann

    W Blann Guest

    Mike
    There is nothing on the event logs when this happens.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Wendy

    W Blann, Apr 13, 2006
  4. w blann

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:53:16 +0100, "w blann" <>
    wrote:

    >I have a desktop with XP Pro that happily runs my ASP pages via localhost
    >and a laptop also with XP Pro that won't. A very simple web page without
    >any ASP in it will run as page.htm but not as page.asp; XP Pro is running
    >IIS 5; all windows updates are up to date. Pages simply displays Server
    >Application Error message
    >
    >I don't even know where to go to find more diagnostics (friendly messages is
    >already switched off)

    XP 64 bit? (Set IIS to 64 bit as well) Firewall? Security software?
    Site not set to execute scripts? And of course, your first stop:

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Apr 18, 2006