ASP Pages will not display

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Darren, Sep 12, 2003.

  1. Darren

    Darren Guest

    I had to restore my server from backup. When I did, I
    could no longer access any asp pages on my web server.
    The error says HTTP 500 Internal Server Error. I have
    turned off friendly HTTP error messages and it gives me
    less info. All it says is server application error.
    html or htm pages work fine.

    I have reinstalled com+ so that I can now access the
    components services snap-in.

    When I go to the properties of the website and then into
    home directory and change the application protection to
    low the pages display correctly. This makes me think it
    is a permissions issue with the iwam_machinename user.

    The two event logs that are logged in event viewer on the
    server each time I try to access an asp page are as
    follows:

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: W3SVC
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 59
    Date: 9/12/2003
    Time: 6:30:30 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: HPFMS
    The COM Application '{3D14228D-FBE1-11d0-995D-
    00C04FD919C1}' at '/LM/W3SVC/3/Root' failed to activate
    out of process.
    For additional information specific to this message
    please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located
    at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp

    and.....

    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: W3SVC
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 36
    Date: 9/12/2003
    Time: 7:06:21 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: HPFMS
    The server failed to load
    application '/LM/W3SVC/3/Root'. The error
    was 'c000003b'.
    For additional information specific to this message
    please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located
    at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

    Please help!! Thanks in advance for any info that you
    can give me!

    Darren, Sep 12, 2003

  2. Try this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297989

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MPV; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A Beamer\), Sep 12, 2003

  3. Darren

    Darren Guest

    Thanks for the reply! Unfortunatley this did not work.
    I followed the diresction and the asp pages still do not
    come up in "medium mode". Thanks!

    Darren

    us;297989

    *************

    *************

    Darren, Sep 15, 2003
  4. Darren

    Darren Guest

    After trying your first suggestion Cowboy, I did notice
    that there is a new event log. This one comes up
    whenever an ASP access attemp is tried. It is as follows:

    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: W3SVC
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 36
    Date: 9/15/2003
    Time: 9:11:40 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: HPFMS
    The server failed to load
    application '/LM/W3SVC/3/Root'. The error was 'No such
    interface supported
    '.
    For additional information specific to this message
    please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located
    at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

    The othere two messages no longer appear! Thanks!

    Darren

    us;297989

    Darren, Sep 15, 2003